What You'll Find in this Page
- 1 How much does it cost to register a domain name with Prifad web hosting in Kenyan Shillings?
- 2 Popular domain name extensions in Kenya and around the world
- 3 Extensions bundled with Prifad web hosting packages
- 4 Extensions that used to attract extra charges but now are bundled with Prifad hosting plans
- 5 Choosing and registering a domain name in Kenya with Prifad Hosting
- 6 What if the domain name you want to register is already taken?
- 7 Can you help me come up with a domain name for my site?
- 8 Who can use the domain extensions .co.ke, .sc.ke, .ac.ke, .org or .com?
- 9 Can I register and pay for a domain name without buying web hosting?
If you want a domain name for your blog or website, Prifad.com Hosting Kenya can help you with choosing and registering one for your new or existing site. Prifad is a web hosting company in Kenya that helps persons register domains, get web hosting, create blogs, create websites and also start online shops.
How much does it cost to register a domain name with Prifad web hosting in Kenyan Shillings?
The price of a domain name is included in the cost of every hosting plan we offer.
That means that when you pay for any of the hosting packages, you don’t have to pay extra for a domain name.
However, there are exceptions – and we are going to talk about them below.
Popular domain name extensions in Kenya and around the world
Every domain name has an extension. Some of the popular ones are the .com, .net, .org and .biz.
People (prospective clients, for example) can type your domain name directly in their web browser’s address bar to find your site without searching for your site’s name on search engines.
Extensions bundled with Prifad web hosting packages
The extensions .com, .net, .biz and .org are bundled with every hosting package sold to our customers.
That means that there are no extra charges if you register your domain with any of the four extensions. When you pay the cost of any of our hosting package currently available, there are no extra charges.
Extensions that used to attract extra charges but now are bundled with Prifad hosting plans
We used to charge extra for the extensions .co.ke, .co, .sc.ke, .ac.ke and others like .co.ug, .or.ke, .me, .name, .info.ke, .mobi.ke, ac.ug, .ne.ke, .go.ke, .or.ug,) will cost more.
- For .co.ke and or.ke, you will no longer pay one thousand Kenyan shillings (KSh 1,000) more as used to be the case.
- The extension .co will attract an extra, KSh 1,900 on top of the cost of your Prifad hosting plan.
- And you will no longer pay the additional KSh 400 more for the extensions ac.ke or sc.ke – as used to be the case.
- The .me extension costs an extra KSh 1500
For example, when you order the Mediate hosting package from Prifad Kenya, here are the amounts you will send to us via M-PESA if you go with an extension that’s not a .com, .net, .org or .biz.
- For .co.ke or .or.ke – 11000 + 0 = KSh 11000 a year
- For extensions ending with .ug – 11000 + 2700= KSH 13700 a year
- For ac.ke and sc.ke – 11000 + 0 = KSH 11000 a year
- For .co – 11000 + 1900 = KSH 12900 a year
Note that all domain names are renewed every year.
You can pay for more than one year upfront if you want that.
Other domain name extensions that do not attract extra charges include: .ne.ke, .info, .go.ke, .mobi.ke, .info.ke, .me.ke, .us, .de, and .in.
If the price of the extension you want to be a part of your domain name is not included above or if you just want to ask us questions in regards to your domain name and hosting needs, contact us to get more information.
Choosing and registering a domain name in Kenya with Prifad Hosting
Choosing a unique, easy to remember domain name is very important.
When choosing a name, it is a good to come up with a great name.
it doesn’t have to take you days to do this unless there is a good reason.
An existing or new business can simply use their name and pick an extension like .com or .co.ke to go with it.
For inspiration, you can look at the domain names of other sites you frequent. Look at the names of the blogs and websites you visit on a regular basis. Or even the apps you use a lot. Look at the names of the companies behind them. Look at some of the popular brands you use.
Doing all this will give you more inspiration (and help you come up with a great domain name for your blog, website, online shop, business, side hustle, company, organization or institution).
What if the domain name you want to register is already taken?
- Use the same name with a different extension provided the use of the name doesn’t infringe on any person’s copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Come up with a different name. Talk to others and listen to their suggestions. Write some names on paper. Then choose the best name.
Can you help me come up with a domain name for my site?
You can come up with a list first, even if it only has two names.
We will discuss with you, make suggestions then allow you to make a decision on which name to go with based on our discussion.
Who can use the domain extensions .co.ke, .sc.ke, .ac.ke, .org or .com?
- .sc.ke – meant mainly for kindergarten, primary and secondary schools in Kenya
- .com and .co.ke – meant mainly for commercial enterprises – businesses, companies. .co.ke extension is fit for commercial entities in Kenya
- .ac.ke – meant mainly for institutions of learning like colleges, polytechnics and universities in Kenya
- .org – meant mainly for organizations, foundations
Can I register and pay for a domain name without buying web hosting?
If you don’t have the money to pay for a hosting package now but want to reserve your domain name and pay for hosting later get in touch.